Friday, May 18, 2007

Trade Nbr. 47 / 48 and 49 - 2007

I will report the 3 trades I did yesterday in one single post. The reason for this is that I want to remember the mistakes I did yesterday. Eventhough I ended up making some money, this was a very frustrating day where some serious mistakes were made. It is important to fix problems as they are identified and this is the objective of this special post !!


Trade Nbr. 47


Long June 07 Crude Oil: Entered on May 17th- Closed on May 17th. Long: 63,06 -- Initial Stop: 62,68 -- Sold: 63,35 -- Result: 0,76R

Bullish in Screen I - Pullback to value in Screen II - Entry Set-up 1 in Screen III - Sold after the previous candle printed a threatening tail ...

Comments: Very frustrating trade...... Exit was not very sharp this time !! I was afraid of the price action at this stage in the day, but my trailing stop methodology was not indicating a reversal yet .... I closed the position beacause I was afraid to give back my profit and not because my methodology was indicating to do so..... As a professional trader, we live from few good trades and I cannot screw up opportunities like the one that occured yesterday in crude oil !!!


Trade Nbr. 48 - 2007

Long July 07 Corn: Entered on May 17th- Closed on May 17th.


Long: 376,25 -- Initial Stop: 373,75 -- Sold: 374,25 -- Result: -0,80R

Bullish in Screen I - (Uncompleted) Pullback to value in Screen II - (uncompleted) Entry Set-up 1 in Screen III - Sold during the same candle as the market was reversing hard.

Comments: Bad trade. Went long as my entry set-up was not fully completed, kind of a wishful thinking...... Happened shortly after closing too early the Crude Oil trade, was annoyed and wanted to fight back which is not the way to make money in the markets !!!

Trade Nbr. 49

Long June 07 E-Mini S&P: Entered on May 17th- Closed on May 17th.

Long: 1518,0 -- Initial Stop: 1515,0 -- Sold: 1520,0 -- Result: 0,75R

Bullish in Screen I - Pullback to value in Screen II - (Late) Entry Set-up 1 in Screen III - Sold after the previous candle printed a VERY threatening tail AND my trailing stop got hit ...


Comments: Unimpressive trade...... Exit was good and according to my trailing methodology BUT entry was too late, I left 1R on the table due to the smaller position implied by the wider stop than usual......